Executive Assistant to Creative Director
- Liaise between creative director and rest of company.
- Help creative director manage output, workflow, and office deadlines.
- Handle designer's mail and business messages and meetings.
- Take notes at meetings.
- Draft, type, and dispatch all of creative director's correspondence.
- Liaise with relevant individuals, external organizations, etc. to arrange meetings, prepare agendas, and draft minutes.
- Keep office and affairs organized and maintain a comprehensive filing system.
- Arrange and co-ordinate director's travel in conjunction with in-house affairs, and arrange local transportation when necessary.
- Works closely and effectively with the owner to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping owner updated
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the owner some of which may have organizational impact
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the owner's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Good experience of social media platforms such as IG, Pinterest, Tumblr, Google+, SquareSpace etc
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Fluent in Chinese or Japanese a plus, but not mandatory.
- Good understanding and use of photography a plus, but not mandatory.
- Familiar with Adobe Photoshop and Printing a plus.
- To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feel free to add any links to blogs, website or any social media outlet you find relevant.